Honiton 55+ Centre targets end of July to open to public
- Credit: Archant
The provisional opening date for Honiton 55+ Centre has been revealed.
Group vice-chairman Jackie Wadsworth says the service – based at St Michael’s Centre in Honiton – should open its doors to the public on Monday, July 27, with an official opening to follow.
“We are hoping to get it all up and running by that date and get staff and volunteers on board,” said Mrs Wadsworth. “The insurance will all be in place and we have an accountant who is ready to come on board.
“Everything seems to be going to plan, but the only thing that is missing is a printer. We need someone to do some printing for us - we need flyers, leaflets and posters.
“Anyone who can help with that, please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wadsworth said the service is now accepting clients, and said anyone interested can phone her to book a place - full-day costs £35, a half-day is £25 and a drop-in for a couple of hours is £10.
There is also a lunch club, which costs £5 per meal.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 5 Major accolade for driving school
- 6 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world
A DCC spokesman said: “We have recently agreed to lease ground-floor space at St Michael’s to Honiton 55+ Centre. The terms of that lease aren’t finalised yet and have yet to be agreed by the group, but the licence would allow them use of the space for three-and-a-half days a week, including Saturday mornings as requested.
“Other organisations already using the same space, and who have done for a long time, have it for two days a week.
“The group accepted that, for that reason, it’s not possible for them to have the space all week.”
For more information or to volunteer for the 55+ Centre, email Mrs Wadsworth on email@example.com