HONITON ADMIRAL NURSE: The campaign goes on
PUBLISHED: 17:00 01 June 2018
While we are now in a position to start recruiting for our Honiton Admiral Nurse, this is in way just the beginning of our work to have in place the specialist dementia support that families need and deserve.
To keep this support in place for the years to come requires us to raise about £1000 a week so as you will see we are still grateful for all the help we can get.
Fundraising on this scale can only be successful if it is a shared effort and the people of Honiton lead the way in showing what a difference a community can make when it pulls together.
Over the past eight months, the Midweek Herald has reported on an amazing array of fundraising activities and events put on by individuals and organisations for the Honiton Admiral Nurse Campaign.
This goes to show how close to people’s hearts this cause is and it also demonstrates how supporting a cause like this can mean having fun whether as an organiser of something or by attending one of the events on offer.
How can you help?
Attend an event
We have plenty of events already planned to cater for a whole range of interests so here are some dates for your diaries
• Saturday, June 2 - 2pm to 5pm. Open gardens at Beech Walk House. EX14 3AB. Entry: £3.00 with cream teas available;
• Monday, June 4 - 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Cream tea and art at the Thelma Hulbert Art Gallery – A chance to view the artworks to be auctioned at our charity art auction and if you are tempted place an advanced bid;
• Friday, June 8 - 7pm [Doors open 6pm]; charity art auction at Thelma Hulbert Gallery with proceeds to be shared by Honiton Admiral Nurse and THG Learning Programme. Artworks can also be viewed and bids made online www.fundraising.bid/artauction2018;
• Saturday, June 23 - 7.30pm. Sheldon Singers Summer Allsorts Concert with Pimms at Honiton Roman Catholic Church - tickets £10 from Honiton Toy Shop;
• Saturday, June 30 - 2pm to 5pm. Garden party with stalls, music and dancing and a ‘bring and share’ tea. 4 Sycamore Close, Honiton, EX14 2XP, Andrew and June Mycroft - 01404 46451
Do something incredible!
Examples so far have been:
• Alan Rowe with family, staff and customers completing a mammoth cycle and run around East Devon;
• Combe Garden centre donated £1 for every Christmas tree it sold;
• Honiton Community College 6th Form raising nearly £1500 through sponsorship for their 24 Triathlons in 24 Hours;
• Nigel marked a significant birthday by growing his lifelong beard for 6 months and then having it all shaved off by Alan Rowe;
• Judith and her dog Midge are walking 1500 miles together this year for Honiton Admiral Nurse and the Barn Owl Trust;
• Rachel and her dad are in training for the Great West Run;
Alan Rowe Barbering customers are collection boot loads of coppers in the salon;
• Honiton Tesco Store, Honiton Bowling Club, Honiton Golf Club Captains, Honiton Carnival Club, The Three Tunns Bingo Club, Honiton Lions, John Capon and Otter Windows, Honiton Leisure Centre Combe Estates, The Beehive, Thelma Hulbert Gallery and many more are all doing incredible things for us.
• Two generations of a local family have come up with different and non-date specific ways to fill their collection box for Honiton Admiral Nurse;
• Local entrepreneur Humphrey Butler of www.marvellousmaps.com is supporting Honiton Admiral Nurse through sales of his maps-with-a-difference.
Displaying the ‘Get Outside’ logo, the Great British Adventure Map featuring The Top Fifty is the perfect vehicle to have you planning a life-enhancing adventure or two, perhaps with some sponsorship attached, and was researched and designed largely here in Honiton
“Alternatively, why not pick up a copy of ‘Great British Bottoms’, and get some sponsors before you cycle to some truly great local Bottoms for photo-shoots at Honiton Bottom and Lickham Bottom for starters!);
• Parents Roderick and Valentine Butler celebrate the arrival of spring with the return of their popular plant table where you can once again pop-in and make a donation to our Admiral Nurse Fund when you purchase a keep-sake from Marwood House which celebrates its 400th birthday in 2019.
(Go and see what all the fuss is about! Maps available for inspection and purchase 9.30am to 5.00pm Tuesday to Saturday at Marwood House at the eastern end of Honiton High Street. Just ring the showroom bell in the courtyard for assistance. Plants available anytime the gates are open.)
If you have any ideas to help us with our cause please do contact me by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone and leave a message on 07966135442.
When £1,000 a week is required we are grateful for every penny so a donation of any size can also be made on line at www.justgiving.com/honitonadmiralnurse