Honiton and District Carnival
All you need to know
HONITON and District Carnival takes place today (Saturday, October 23).
The procession will leave Ottery More Lane at 7.30pm and follow the usual route up High Street.
Presentations will take place at Turks Head Function Rooms, once the results have been calculated.
Collecting tins are available from the marshal station in Ottery Moor Lane from 2.30pm.
Collectors entering the fancy dress contest will be judged by Pat Allen at 7pm. All other entries will be judged en-route.
A disco will be held at Turks Head Function Rooms following the presentations.
- 1 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 2 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 3 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 4 New unit to be built opposite Hangar two at Dunkeswell Airfield
- 5 Town council explores best way forward for the Beehive
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Over 1K raised by Honiton concert for Ukraine
- 8 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Pub organises fundraising gigs for Ukraine
Spectators are urged to STAND WELL BACK during the procession.
Road blocks courtesy of Somerset and West Dorset Marshals.