Honiton and District Carnival 2011
Everything you need to know.
It is carnival time in Honiton!
A cavalcade of motorcycles will lead this year’s procession on Saturday night (October 22), followed by the traditional fire engines, Honiton Twirlstars, the Mayor of Honiton, Councillor Vernon Whitlock, and carnival royals Becky Deakin and Chloe Broom.
Behind them will be the cream of East Devon’s 2011 carnival entries, including Sidvale Carnival Club’s spectacular Yee Ha!, Bird is the Word from comics the Nunsford Nutters and a host of others. Local floats will include entries from the Muckslingers Carnival Club, Fusion Carnival Club and the Scouts.
The procession will set off from Ottery Moor Lane at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Spectators are asked to stand well back, avoiding private gardens in Exeter Road.
Honiton and District Carnival Committee is also urging spectators not to throw coins at floats - just the official three collecting floats.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
Carnival secretary Karen Wilson said: “For safety reasons, we ask that coins are not thrown at any of the other floats.”
Appeal for marshals: Marshals are still required. Anybody willing to help is asked to turn up at the marshal station in Ottery Moor Lane at 6pm on Saturday night.
Collectors wanted: Tins can be collected from the marshal station between 2pm and 7pm on Saturday or arranged in advance by calling (01404) 42254. A cash prize will be awarded to the best dressed collector.
Carnival bingo: The annual carnival bingo will take place in the Mackarness Hall on Friday (October 21). Eyes down at 8pm. Cash prizes.