Honiton and District Carnival welcomes visiting entries
Carnivalites travel from far and wide to take part in spectacular procession.
It is the year for walking entries at Honiton and District Carnival, so here’s a peep at some of the visiting carnivalites who added some magic to the show.
First up is Dave Arney, of Taunton. His Rag Time entry is so colourful that it graced posters advertising this year’s carnival. The picture was taken at Wellington by the Midweek Herald.
Roger Muspratt-Hamilton, of South Devon, is a seasoned carnivalite and always a welcome sight at Honiton.
In the walking group class was Domino CC, of Chard, with a fun car-themed entry.
You may also want to watch:
Walking alongside was a true queen of carnival and Domino thoroughbred - the legendary Shirley Ball.
Full results to follow.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 6 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 William conquers 200 books
- 10 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed