Honiton and District Carnival welcomes visiting entries
Carnivalites travel from far and wide to take part in spectacular procession.
It is the year for walking entries at Honiton and District Carnival, so here’s a peep at some of the visiting carnivalites who added some magic to the show.
First up is Dave Arney, of Taunton. His Rag Time entry is so colourful that it graced posters advertising this year’s carnival. The picture was taken at Wellington by the Midweek Herald.
Roger Muspratt-Hamilton, of South Devon, is a seasoned carnivalite and always a welcome sight at Honiton.
In the walking group class was Domino CC, of Chard, with a fun car-themed entry.
You may also want to watch:
Walking alongside was a true queen of carnival and Domino thoroughbred - the legendary Shirley Ball.
Full results to follow.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 3 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 4 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton