Neil Parish backs Boris for Tory leadership
- Credit: Archant
Honiton and Tiverton MP Neil Parish says he is backing Boris Johnson to be the next Tory Party leader and Prime Minister.
He said while he was also impressed by Jeremy Hunt, he felt that Brexit was the key issue.
He said: "I believe someone who argued the benefits of Brexit is best placed to unite the country behind that vision, defeat the challenges, seize the opportunities - and deliver good for the whole of the United Kingdom.
"It is one of the key reasons I supported Michael Gove - and it is the reason why I am now backing Boris.
"Listening to Boris, it's also clear he has the right plan for the South West. Once Brexit is delivered, he wants to level up education funding, dual the A303 and has committed to fibre broadband for every household. These are the right priorities and policies for our region, improving connectivity and spreading opportunity."
You may also want to watch:
"We all recognise schools need more cash to pay for increased costs. This was reaffirmed by a recent meeting I had with headteachers of all schools in my constituency, where I listened to concerns about special needs provision, resources and morale.
"My view, shared by Boris, is we must see education spending as an investment. We cannot afford to lose a generation of talent."
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 8 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 9 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary