Honiton art gallery scoops top 20 place
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery selected from over 140 nominated museums and galleries.
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton has been named as one of the top 20 family-friendly museums in the country.
A panel of volunteers selected the gallery from over 140 nominated museums and galleries entered in the Telegraph’s Kids in Museums Awards.
It will now be put before a panel of experts chaired by Jenny Abramsky, chair of the Heritage Lottery Fund.
This panel will whittle down the top 20 to a final shortlist to be announced in July.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor John O’Leary, East Devon District Council’s Member Champion for Culture, said: “I’m delighted that the THG has already won the accolade of top 20 status among the nation’s family-friendly museums.
“I am a great fan of the gallery and it would be the icing on the cake if it were to reach the final shortlist or even win. We can only keep our fingers crossed for the results in July.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op