Honiton Band receives generous instrument donation
- Credit: Archant
A big-hearted local lady donated an Eb bass to the band.
The Honiton Band has received a generous donation from a local lady, who dropped by at the group’s local band practice session to give away an instrument.
Edwina Bradshaw visited to make a presentation of a new Eb bass tuba to the band, which she was donating in memory of her late husband, David Bradshaw.
David had a longstanding love affair with brass band music.
The bass was presented to bandsman David Lee, who is currently the longest serving member of the band.
You may also want to watch:
David intends to play his new instrument for the first time, at the band’s morning outdoor concert at St Paul’s Church, on Saturday, August 31, which starts at 11am.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption