Honiton Band supports ShelterBox
Charity concert held in St Paul’s Church.
Honiton Band has raised �356 for ShelterBox after holding a charity concert in St Paul’s Church.
Don Waterhouse, the local representative for ShelterBox, gave a presentation, highlighting the work of the charity’s volunteers.
Those who attended were able to see a wide variety of items that a ShelterBox contains. A 10-person tent was erected in the Narthex of the church.
A band spokesman said: “We are pleased to announce the evening raised �356 for ShelterBox.
“A cheque was presented to Mr Waterhouse by Arthur Williams, musical director of Honiton Band.
“The band would like to convey its appreciation to those who attended and generously supported the evening.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 4 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 7 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 8 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
“Thanks must also go to a group from within the Sheldon Singers, who contributed a commanding performance.”