Honiton-based Axcess Electric Bikes launches new models
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton-based electric bike company has unveiled three new cycles.
Axcess Electric Bikes launched the new models at the Honiton Show.
The vehicles replace three original models that have been the backbone of the business for the past few years. Peter Blackman, managing director, said: “Every time I visit the factory in China, I see modifications that can be applied to our own bikes.
“The time was right to capitalize on the developing battery technology and move the battery position from behind the seat post to the down tube, so making the bikes shorter and better balanced.
“It takes about a year to get a new product on to the market.
You may also want to watch:
“The product concept and overall specifications were discussed in China. Then the CAD drawings of the frames arrived.
“Chris Hooper of Onsurface Ltd at Hunthay Axminster created the Logos, graphics and overall colour designs.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
“The artwork was sent back to China.
“Then there is the long wait while the frames are manufactured, painted and the whole assembly process, followed by a month at sea.
“There is huge relief and sense of pride when the new bikes are finally taken out of the cartons and we go for the first ride and can see and feel that we have produced the bikes we really wanted.”