Honiton business leader welcomes J D Wetherspoon
Pub chain in negotiations to buy The Star Inn.
BUSINESS leaders in Honiton have welcomed news that pub chain J D Wetherspoon is in negotiations to buy The Star Inn.
Colin Wright, chairman of the town’s chamber of commerce and industry, told The Midweek Herald: “It is a very good thing for the town.
“It will enhance the top end of New Street and, I am sure, will improve business in the area.”
Mr Wright added: “They have the advantage of two car parks in the vicinity and i think this will bring people into town who will park, shop and have a meal.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for J D Wetherspoon said: “We are keen to open a pub in Honiton and we have identified a site.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters