Honiton business leader welcomes J D Wetherspoon
Pub chain in negotiations to buy The Star Inn.
BUSINESS leaders in Honiton have welcomed news that pub chain J D Wetherspoon is in negotiations to buy The Star Inn.
Colin Wright, chairman of the town’s chamber of commerce and industry, told The Midweek Herald: “It is a very good thing for the town.
“It will enhance the top end of New Street and, I am sure, will improve business in the area.”
Mr Wright added: “They have the advantage of two car parks in the vicinity and i think this will bring people into town who will park, shop and have a meal.”
A spokesman for J D Wetherspoon said: “We are keen to open a pub in Honiton and we have identified a site.”
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Village fundraisers are rewarded as new play park opens
- 5 Lions quick on the draw to maintain fundraising mission
- 6 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 7 Lord Lieutenant leads county charity’s 60th anniversary salute
- 8 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 9 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 10 Lacemaker whose skills were admired by the Royal family