Honiton Carnival 2009 - Sidvale CC takes Best Overall
SIDVALE Carnival Club has taken the Best Overall prize at Honiton and District Carnival with Rollin On The River.
SIDVALE Carnival Club has taken the Best Overall prize at Honiton and District Carnival with Rollin' On The River.
The club also won best in its class, along with a clutch of other gongs - including a special prize for best choreography.
In perfect weather conditions, the carnival attracted a healthy crowd.
Spectators have described the carnival as "spectacular".
You may also want to watch:
Highlights included brilliant performances from The Barrow Boys (accompanied by guests from 1st Honiton Scout Group) and the Blackdowns Samba Band, which led the procession.
Honiton Pantomime Society entered a prize-winning float to mark its 25th anniversary and multi-award winning Boogie Bass Bugs claimed another first place.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Re-visit this website for full results and more news from Honiton Carnival.