Honiton carnival night mostly trouble-free for police
- Credit: Archant
Two arrests were made.
Police have said that year’s Honiton Carnival night went ‘very well’ seeing as hundreds turned out in support.
The night, held at the end of last month, was policed by PCSOs and special constables from across east and mid Devon.
Sergeant Mat Helm said that two juveniles were arrested - one for possession of cannabis and another for possession of a knife and cannabis.
One of the youths was from Tiverton and the other was from Cullompton.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Helm said: “Both will be interviewed by police in upcoming weeks.
There was no public order or alcohol related issues.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
We did ask the Tiverton Street Pastors if they would come over, which they kindly did. They did a sterling job and I am aware they assisted a number of ‘worse for wear’ persons.
“They had their water and lollipops supplied by the Honiton Tesco Community Champions scheme.
“Overall, it was a great event.”