Honiton: CCTV captures thieves using supermarket trolley
POLICE are using CCTV images in a bid to identify a Hallowe en night thief.
POLICE are using CCTV images in a bid to identify a Hallowe'en night thief.
The thief was recorded with a stolen plant pot in High Street between 11.30pm on October 31 and 1am on November 1.
PCSO Barry Redford said the large pot, containing a rose bush, was being pushed in a supermarket trolley.
It was stolen from outside a town centre pub and the landlord wants it back.
You may also want to watch:
"The CCTV shows the trolley going up New Street," said PCSO Redford.
"Taxis, mini buses and no end of revellers were about, because we have seen them on the CCTV.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 8 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon
"What we need is for someone to come forward and identify the thief.
"The thief may have been seen coming out of Lace Walk with the trolley.
"The blue, china pot is worth �200 and we need it recovered."
If you know who took the pot, or where the pot is, call police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference number KH/09/993.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.