Honiton charity shop burgled
Thief had sufficient local knowledge to access the rear of the shop, in New Street.
A CHILDREN’S charity fell victim to a burglar in Honiton last night (Sunday).
A small amount of cash was stolen from Brainwave, in New Street, after the thief forced entry to the building.
Volunteers at the shop say the burglar must have had local knowledge, because the premises was targeted from the rear - an area that is hard to find.
A charity tin on the shop’s counter was also emptied and damage was caused to two doors and a cupboard.
You may also want to watch:
Scenes of crime investigators are on their way to the premises.
Anybody with information is urged to call police on 08452 777444.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery