Honiton charity shop burgled
Thief had sufficient local knowledge to access the rear of the shop, in New Street.
A CHILDREN’S charity fell victim to a burglar in Honiton last night (Sunday).
A small amount of cash was stolen from Brainwave, in New Street, after the thief forced entry to the building.
Volunteers at the shop say the burglar must have had local knowledge, because the premises was targeted from the rear - an area that is hard to find.
A charity tin on the shop’s counter was also emptied and damage was caused to two doors and a cupboard.
Scenes of crime investigators are on their way to the premises.
Anybody with information is urged to call police on 08452 777444.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 5 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 6 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 7 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League