Honiton Children’s Centres appeal for volunteers
The Children’s Society is recruiting volunteers for its two children’s centres in Honiton.
Contracted to run the centres by Devon County Council, the charity is committed to improving the lives and well-being of vulnerable families and children in Honiton and the surrounding areas.
It aims to achieve this through offering a wide range of activities to support the emotional and physical needs of families - to help parents provide safe, loving, healthy homes.
Now it wants to recruit keen volunteers, who are passionate about contributing to the well-being of families and children in their community.
The centre offers a range of advice, social and therapeutic activities - such as play groups and holistic therapy to family drop-in advice sessions, parents’ groups and occasional day trips.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers, who will work alongside trained professionals, need to be over 18 and will receive on-the-job-training to ensure they feel fully supported with the right knowledge and skills.
“Our volunteers are amazing,” says Vikki Duffy, a children’s centre manager. “We really value their support and input into delivering services to local families. We all benefit, the children and families and the staff alike, from the diversity and skills that each volunteer brings into our team.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
To find out more about volunteering opportunities, call the volunteer co-ordinator, Rhonda Jones, on (01395) 269041 or email email@example.com