Honiton Community College adopts TAP’s unique social thanking platform
- Credit: FluffyBegemot
Honiton Community College has joined forces with TAP, Thank And Praise, enabling their parents to digitally thank staff to boost their wellbeing
TAP is a social thanking platform which enables the public to show their appreciation to the unsung heroes working in education, healthcare and social care in order to create a more positive world where giving and receiving thanks is the norm not the exception.
Jessie Hay, Director of Finance and Resources for Honiton Community College: “Having recently joined the college, I can honestly say that my colleagues are doing an incredible job, especially during these challenging times.
“They are 100% committed to providing the best possible care and education for our students and TAP’s thanking platform provides a wonderful way for our students’ parents and carers to show their appreciation.”
The free-to-use TAP platform allows parents and carers to send private messages of thanks to members of staff, as well as praise the college publicly on a Digital Thanking Wall.
“Having been brought up in Devon, I’m especially delighted to be welcoming Honiton Community College to TAP’s thanking platform. I’m looking forward to seeing the positive effect on staff wellbeing which in turn will have a positive effect on the whole college,” said Matt Findel-Hawkins, CEO of TAP.
You may also want to watch:
TAP is already being used successfully at a range of nursery, primary and secondary schools in Berkshire, Devon, Essex, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire, including the UK’s largest secondary school, Exmouth Community College.
During the Covid-19 crisis, TAP has shown its support for school staff through the creation of a public-facing Education Thanking Wall which has resulted in hundreds of messages of thanks being viewed tens of thousands of times, as well as being included in the BBC’s ‘Make a Difference’ campaign.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
TAP also works with healthcare and social care organisations to help the public give thanks to these amazing workers.
You can hear more about the campaign from the CEOs of the four organisations here.
You can read about the benefits to staff wellbeing by a Headteacher at a TAP School here.