Honiton Community College awards evening
Outstanding drama performance given by Natasha Haward.
THE outstanding achievements of senior students at Honiton Community College were celebrated during an awards evening.
Invited guests, including parents and extended family members, attended the event, held on Thursday last week.
An extraordinary drama performance by Natasha Haward left the audience spellbound.
Miss Haward, tipped for future stage success, performed a monologue from A Winter’s Tale.
You may also want to watch:
Bethany Sillitoe confidently sang My Funny Valentine (Rodgers/Hart) and Close to You (Bacharach/David).
College principal Glenn Smith urged those going out into the wider world to work hard. He said they would get what they deserved in life, and stressed the college is now the most improved school in Devon.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
Guest speaker was Midweek Herald editor Belinda Bennett, who attended the school from 1977 to 1982.
Full award results to follow.