Honiton: Council disappointed over free car parking offer
EAST Devon District Council has offered free car parking in Honiton in the run-up to Christmas – but only after 4pm on late shopping nights.
EAST Devon District Council has offered free car parking in Honiton in the run-up to Christmas - but only after 4pm on late shopping nights.
The news has disappointed Honiton Town Council, which is aware that late night shopping events have previously not taken off in Honiton.
Councillors attending a policy committee meeting last week felt the district council had not taken note of information supplied by town clerk Lyn Hargood and the mayor, Vivienne Ash.
A letter, expressing the town council's disappointment, is to be sent to Knowle. The matter will be discussed further at a town council meeting in Honiton next week.
You may also want to watch:
l What do you think? Is the district council being tight-fisted? Visit the Herald's website to comment.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding