Honiton: Council disappointed over free car parking offer
EAST Devon District Council has offered free car parking in Honiton in the run-up to Christmas – but only after 4pm on late shopping nights.
EAST Devon District Council has offered free car parking in Honiton in the run-up to Christmas - but only after 4pm on late shopping nights.
The news has disappointed Honiton Town Council, which is aware that late night shopping events have previously not taken off in Honiton.
Councillors attending a policy committee meeting last week felt the district council had not taken note of information supplied by town clerk Lyn Hargood and the mayor, Vivienne Ash.
A letter, expressing the town council's disappointment, is to be sent to Knowle. The matter will be discussed further at a town council meeting in Honiton next week.
You may also want to watch:
l What do you think? Is the district council being tight-fisted? Visit the Herald's website to comment.
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 7 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 School recognised for appliance of science
- 9 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 10 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election