Honiton: Council disappointed over free car parking offer
EAST Devon District Council has offered free car parking in Honiton in the run-up to Christmas – but only after 4pm on late shopping nights.
EAST Devon District Council has offered free car parking in Honiton in the run-up to Christmas - but only after 4pm on late shopping nights.
The news has disappointed Honiton Town Council, which is aware that late night shopping events have previously not taken off in Honiton.
Councillors attending a policy committee meeting last week felt the district council had not taken note of information supplied by town clerk Lyn Hargood and the mayor, Vivienne Ash.
A letter, expressing the town council's disappointment, is to be sent to Knowle. The matter will be discussed further at a town council meeting in Honiton next week.
You may also want to watch:
l What do you think? Is the district council being tight-fisted? Visit the Herald's website to comment.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer