Honiton councillor resigns
ONE of the newest members of Honiton Town Council has resigned. Jeff Ayres resignation, tendered last month, was accepted by the council at a meeting on Monday.
ONE of the newest members of Honiton Town Council has resigned.
Jeff Ayres' resignation, tendered last month, was accepted by the council at a meeting on Monday.
No reason was given for Mr Ayres' decision to stand down.
Councillors said they hoped an election would now take place to fill the vacancy, in preference to a co-option.
You may also want to watch:
Watch this space for election details.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 7 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder