Honiton councillor resigns
ONE of the newest members of Honiton Town Council has resigned. Jeff Ayres resignation, tendered last month, was accepted by the council at a meeting on Monday.
ONE of the newest members of Honiton Town Council has resigned.
Jeff Ayres' resignation, tendered last month, was accepted by the council at a meeting on Monday.
No reason was given for Mr Ayres' decision to stand down.
Councillors said they hoped an election would now take place to fill the vacancy, in preference to a co-option.
You may also want to watch:
Watch this space for election details.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement