Honiton councillor resigns
ONE of the newest members of Honiton Town Council has resigned. Jeff Ayres resignation, tendered last month, was accepted by the council at a meeting on Monday.
ONE of the newest members of Honiton Town Council has resigned.
Jeff Ayres' resignation, tendered last month, was accepted by the council at a meeting on Monday.
No reason was given for Mr Ayres' decision to stand down.
Councillors said they hoped an election would now take place to fill the vacancy, in preference to a co-option.
You may also want to watch:
Watch this space for election details.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 The importance of renewable energy