Honiton: Councillor resigns from six committees
Alf Boom led regeneration work at The Glen beauty spot.
One of Honiton Town Council’s hardest working members has resigned from six committees and outside bodies.
It is understood that Councillor Alf Boom has cut down his workload for health reasons.
He has stood down from The Glen working group, which he led.
Without his enthusiastic input, regeneration work at the beauty spot may never have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Boom’s has also resigned from the town council’s planning committee, town centre advisory committee, East Devon Citizens’ Advice Centre, Honiton Locality Planning Team and the Thelma Hulbert Gallery Advisory Committee.
Honiton Town Council will formally note the resignations at a meeting next week.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business