Honiton: Councillor resigns from six committees
Alf Boom led regeneration work at The Glen beauty spot.
One of Honiton Town Council’s hardest working members has resigned from six committees and outside bodies.
It is understood that Councillor Alf Boom has cut down his workload for health reasons.
He has stood down from The Glen working group, which he led.
Without his enthusiastic input, regeneration work at the beauty spot may never have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Boom’s has also resigned from the town council’s planning committee, town centre advisory committee, East Devon Citizens’ Advice Centre, Honiton Locality Planning Team and the Thelma Hulbert Gallery Advisory Committee.
Honiton Town Council will formally note the resignations at a meeting next week.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching