Honiton: Councillor resigns from six committees
Alf Boom led regeneration work at The Glen beauty spot.
One of Honiton Town Council’s hardest working members has resigned from six committees and outside bodies.
It is understood that Councillor Alf Boom has cut down his workload for health reasons.
He has stood down from The Glen working group, which he led.
Without his enthusiastic input, regeneration work at the beauty spot may never have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Boom’s has also resigned from the town council’s planning committee, town centre advisory committee, East Devon Citizens’ Advice Centre, Honiton Locality Planning Team and the Thelma Hulbert Gallery Advisory Committee.
Honiton Town Council will formally note the resignations at a meeting next week.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis