Honiton crash: people injured
Two cars written off.
Three people in a Vauxhall Tigra were injured in a collision in High Street, Honiton.
The accident happened last Friday evening and involved a yellow Citroen and a blue Vauxhall Tigra. Both cars are said to be write-offs.
In the Tigra, a passenger sustained a fractured pelvis, a head injury and had to have a lung inflated.
The Tigra’s driver was taken to hospital strapped to a bodyboard with severe ligament damage and a second passenger suffered severe ligament damage to a knee.
Initial reports suggested there were no serious injuries and Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said all occupants were free of the vehicles when three of their crews arrived.
However, it has now been confirmed by the family of the Tigra’s driver that injuries were sustained.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight