Honiton: Death of a true gentleman
A MEMORIAL service will be held in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday) to mark the life of one of the town s true gentlemen.
A MEMORIAL service will be held in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday) to mark the life of one of the town's true gentlemen.
Jim Kendall, who was housing manager at the former Honiton Borough Council, died on January 5. He was 87.
Mr Kendall, for many years, was a familiar face at dance halls throughout East Devon and beyond, playing in a family dance band. He went on to become a pivotal member of Honiton Town Band and, almost up until his death, still contributed band news to the Royal British Legion newsletter.
He was a long-standing and staunch member of Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church, where a memorial service will take place tomorrow at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A funeral service was held at Exeter Crematorium on Monday.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Honiton u3a group tackles international art theft
- 7 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 8 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 9 Record-breaking weekend at Wiscombe Park
- 10 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket