Honiton: Death of a true gentleman
A MEMORIAL service will be held in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday) to mark the life of one of the town s true gentlemen.
A MEMORIAL service will be held in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday) to mark the life of one of the town's true gentlemen.
Jim Kendall, who was housing manager at the former Honiton Borough Council, died on January 5. He was 87.
Mr Kendall, for many years, was a familiar face at dance halls throughout East Devon and beyond, playing in a family dance band. He went on to become a pivotal member of Honiton Town Band and, almost up until his death, still contributed band news to the Royal British Legion newsletter.
He was a long-standing and staunch member of Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church, where a memorial service will take place tomorrow at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A funeral service was held at Exeter Crematorium on Monday.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 5 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 6 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 7 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 8 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 9 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 10 Honiton carers' group meets again