Honiton: Death of a true gentleman
A MEMORIAL service will be held in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday) to mark the life of one of the town s true gentlemen.
A MEMORIAL service will be held in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday) to mark the life of one of the town's true gentlemen.
Jim Kendall, who was housing manager at the former Honiton Borough Council, died on January 5. He was 87.
Mr Kendall, for many years, was a familiar face at dance halls throughout East Devon and beyond, playing in a family dance band. He went on to become a pivotal member of Honiton Town Band and, almost up until his death, still contributed band news to the Royal British Legion newsletter.
He was a long-standing and staunch member of Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church, where a memorial service will take place tomorrow at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A funeral service was held at Exeter Crematorium on Monday.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis