Honiton drugs raids lead to arrests
Two charged and a third person due to be interviewed.
SUSPECTED heroin and cannabis was seized at two properties in Honiton following police drugs raids yesterday (Monday).
Two people at an address in Queen Street have been charged with possession of drugs - one in relation to 4.72 grams of heroin and the other for a quantity of cannabis.
A female from a second address is due to attend Honiton police station later this week to be interviewed in relation to to cannabis.
No drugs were found at a third address.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton’s Neighbourhood Policing Team executed three search warrants, granted under the Misuse of Drugs Act, with the support of the Exmouth-based tactical aid policing team, Special Constables and a dog unit from Ashburton.
Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager, says the raids show that action will be taken by police when information is received from the public.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
Referring to a small number of people in Honiton who use heroin, he added: “This action is designed to ensure that this small group of people does not increase in size or impact on other members of the community.”