Honiton Evening WI
Tony Burgess captured members’ attention by showing slides and sharing his knowledge of some of the facts, myths, and legends of Dartmoor.
Place names mentioned in the book “The Hounds of the Baskerville” were recognised and the atmosphere became electric as haunting tales of ‘The Hairy Hand’ unfolded.
A new programme has been cleverly thought out and printed for members, who now look forward to a great variety of interesting talks.
An outing to Dartmouth, another to Bournemouth and Swanage, meals, coffee mornings, competitions and more exciting events throughout the year.
The next meeting will be at 7pm on Tuesday, February 15, at The Methodist Chapel. Chapel Street. Honiton.
The talk will be about the history and workings of a Punch and Judy show.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 3 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 5 'Not if, it's when': Neil Parish says Boris Johnson should go
- 6 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 7 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- 8 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 9 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 10 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
For further information, contact Jan Craig on (01404) 41446.