Honiton firefighters tackle early morning tractor fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters faced an early morning call out after a large tractor was reported to be on fire.
The fire service received multiple calls from members of the public at 4.25am this morning (Friday) about a fire on a commercial plot in Flightway, Dunkeswell.
Control staff were informed about potential flammable fluids, gases and hazards at the site as a crew from Honiton Fire Station were sent to the scene.
The crew spent took just over an hour to extinguish the fire and make the scene safe before the incident was left in the hands of the police.
A fire service spokesman said: “Initial reports suggested a commercial plot was alight and details about flammable fluids and gases were taken as well as other hazards at the site.
You may also want to watch:
“The Incident Commander soon confirmed a tractor well alight, detailed two of his crew to don breathing apparatus and to use a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire before it spread to anything else.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding