Honiton: Former theatre packed for Juanita talk
HONITON S former Little Theatre attracted a full house this morning (Thursday) when the colourful life of the theatre s original owner was the subject of an illustrated talk.
HONITON'S former Little Theatre attracted a full house this morning (Thursday) when the colourful life of the theatre's original owner was the subject of an illustrated talk.
Honiton Senior Council has organised a series of Celebrating Juanita events, to mark the life of former 11 times mayor Juanita Maxwell Phillips.
Tony Simpson, secretary of Honiton Senior Council, gave the talk, which was introduced by Councillor Peter Fleming, deputy mayor.
A minute's silence was observed at 11am to mark the 70th anniversary of the start of World War II.
You may also want to watch:
Who was Alderman Mrs Juanita Maxwell Phillips JP OBE and where did she come from?
Find out in next week's Midweek Herald.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity