Honiton: Former theatre packed for Juanita talk
HONITON S former Little Theatre attracted a full house this morning (Thursday) when the colourful life of the theatre s original owner was the subject of an illustrated talk.
HONITON'S former Little Theatre attracted a full house this morning (Thursday) when the colourful life of the theatre's original owner was the subject of an illustrated talk.
Honiton Senior Council has organised a series of Celebrating Juanita events, to mark the life of former 11 times mayor Juanita Maxwell Phillips.
Tony Simpson, secretary of Honiton Senior Council, gave the talk, which was introduced by Councillor Peter Fleming, deputy mayor.
A minute's silence was observed at 11am to mark the 70th anniversary of the start of World War II.
You may also want to watch:
Who was Alderman Mrs Juanita Maxwell Phillips JP OBE and where did she come from?
Find out in next week's Midweek Herald.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 3 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 4 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 9 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 10 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions