Honiton: Former theatre packed for Juanita talk
HONITON S former Little Theatre attracted a full house this morning (Thursday) when the colourful life of the theatre s original owner was the subject of an illustrated talk.
HONITON'S former Little Theatre attracted a full house this morning (Thursday) when the colourful life of the theatre's original owner was the subject of an illustrated talk.
Honiton Senior Council has organised a series of Celebrating Juanita events, to mark the life of former 11 times mayor Juanita Maxwell Phillips.
Tony Simpson, secretary of Honiton Senior Council, gave the talk, which was introduced by Councillor Peter Fleming, deputy mayor.
A minute's silence was observed at 11am to mark the 70th anniversary of the start of World War II.
You may also want to watch:
Who was Alderman Mrs Juanita Maxwell Phillips JP OBE and where did she come from?
Find out in next week's Midweek Herald.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 William conquers 200 books
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding