Honiton fund-raiser set for Cuban challenge
Anne Hitchens to tackle five-day cycle ride to raise money for Parkinson’s UK.
A HONITON woman is set for an adventure of a lifetime as she prepares to take on a 300km bike ride in Cuba.
Anne Hitchens is one of 12 people who will be taking part in five-day cycle challenge across the country’s varied terrain to raise money for Parkinson’s UK.
The cycling expedition takes place from November 3 to 11.
The 48-year-old said: “My father lives with Parkinson’s and, as I am a nurse, I see many people who have the condition and value the great work that Parkinson’s UK does.
“I decided to take on the challenge to cycle around Cuba to raise much needed funds for the charity. Previously, I have taken part in similar challenges in China and Spain, which were a huge commitment but a fantastic way to raise vital funds.
“I am not a natural cyclist so this is going to be hard work but it will be worth it.”
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
Cycle Cuba is just one of a number of fund-raising events the charity runs every year.