Honiton: Glenn Smith is enjoying his new role at community college
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, says his first half term has flown by .
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, says his first half term has "flown by".
"However, it has far exceeded my expectations in terms of enjoyment," he told the Herald.
"I have particularly liked meeting and chatting with students.
"I do believe the vast majority of our students are well mannered, well motivated and well behaved young adults, and a real credit to our community."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith added: "Our Year 6 open evening gave me a chance to meet lots of parents. It was a resounding success and over 400 parents/carers and students attended.
"This year, in addition to the open evening, we also opened our doors during the college day for the first time. We invited Year 6 students and their families to visit the College and join one of our daily 'working tours'.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 6 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 7 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 8 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
"This gave everyone a first-hand insight into the working life of the college.
"Feedback was really positive and we will definitely make this an annual event. Indeed, because the public response was so good we intend to further opportunities to visit during the rest of the academic year.