Honiton: Glenn Smith is enjoying his new role at community college
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, says his first half term has flown by .
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, says his first half term has "flown by".
"However, it has far exceeded my expectations in terms of enjoyment," he told the Herald.
"I have particularly liked meeting and chatting with students.
"I do believe the vast majority of our students are well mannered, well motivated and well behaved young adults, and a real credit to our community."
Mr Smith added: "Our Year 6 open evening gave me a chance to meet lots of parents. It was a resounding success and over 400 parents/carers and students attended.
"This year, in addition to the open evening, we also opened our doors during the college day for the first time. We invited Year 6 students and their families to visit the College and join one of our daily 'working tours'.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 9 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
- 10 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
"This gave everyone a first-hand insight into the working life of the college.
"Feedback was really positive and we will definitely make this an annual event. Indeed, because the public response was so good we intend to further opportunities to visit during the rest of the academic year.