Honiton: Glenn Smith is enjoying his new role at community college
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, says his first half term has flown by .
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, says his first half term has "flown by".
"However, it has far exceeded my expectations in terms of enjoyment," he told the Herald.
"I have particularly liked meeting and chatting with students.
"I do believe the vast majority of our students are well mannered, well motivated and well behaved young adults, and a real credit to our community."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith added: "Our Year 6 open evening gave me a chance to meet lots of parents. It was a resounding success and over 400 parents/carers and students attended.
"This year, in addition to the open evening, we also opened our doors during the college day for the first time. We invited Year 6 students and their families to visit the College and join one of our daily 'working tours'.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 8 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
"This gave everyone a first-hand insight into the working life of the college.
"Feedback was really positive and we will definitely make this an annual event. Indeed, because the public response was so good we intend to further opportunities to visit during the rest of the academic year.