Honiton golf friends raise cash for charity
- Credit: Archant
A group of four friends have raised nearly £1,600 for charity after completing a monster round of golf at Honiton Golf Club.
Tristan Wakeley, Brett Garner, Elliot Dyer and Mark Smale started the challenge, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, at 5.20am and had to brave torrential rain. Tristan said: “The course was extremely wet, with standing water on the greens, but Honiton let us carry on by ourselves whilst the course was closed till noon.
“We finished at 7.50pm, so did 15 hours in total.”
During the challenge, the four friends walked 22 miles and played around 360 shots each.
Tristan added: “We would like to say a massive thank-you to Honiton Golf Club for letting us use their course and for their hospitality.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/brett-garner to donate.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert