Honiton hero honoured
A SELFLESS Honiton hero has been praised at a national award ceremony for her work in the community.
Jo Coles, who works as a dog trainer, was one of 10 people shortlisted to win the HiQ Hero award from the Fast Fit Network.
Jo narrowly missed out on winning the award, but was given a huge ovation and words of praise from gold medallist Sally Gunnell at a ceremony in Birmingham.
She said: “It has been such a fantastic day and one I will never forget.
“Meeting the other finalists was a great pleasure,.
You may also want to watch:
“They are all so inspirational and I couldn’t believe I was standing beside them.
“It was a shock to even have been selected, so I’d like to thank everyone who voted.”
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 7 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 8 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local