Honiton hero honoured
A SELFLESS Honiton hero has been praised at a national award ceremony for her work in the community.
Jo Coles, who works as a dog trainer, was one of 10 people shortlisted to win the HiQ Hero award from the Fast Fit Network.
Jo narrowly missed out on winning the award, but was given a huge ovation and words of praise from gold medallist Sally Gunnell at a ceremony in Birmingham.
She said: “It has been such a fantastic day and one I will never forget.
“Meeting the other finalists was a great pleasure,.
You may also want to watch:
“They are all so inspirational and I couldn’t believe I was standing beside them.
“It was a shock to even have been selected, so I’d like to thank everyone who voted.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis