Honiton hero honoured
A SELFLESS Honiton hero has been praised at a national award ceremony for her work in the community.
Jo Coles, who works as a dog trainer, was one of 10 people shortlisted to win the HiQ Hero award from the Fast Fit Network.
Jo narrowly missed out on winning the award, but was given a huge ovation and words of praise from gold medallist Sally Gunnell at a ceremony in Birmingham.
She said: “It has been such a fantastic day and one I will never forget.
“Meeting the other finalists was a great pleasure,.
You may also want to watch:
“They are all so inspirational and I couldn’t believe I was standing beside them.
“It was a shock to even have been selected, so I’d like to thank everyone who voted.”
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 6 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 7 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 8 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon