Honiton hero honoured
A SELFLESS Honiton hero has been praised at a national award ceremony for her work in the community.
Jo Coles, who works as a dog trainer, was one of 10 people shortlisted to win the HiQ Hero award from the Fast Fit Network.
Jo narrowly missed out on winning the award, but was given a huge ovation and words of praise from gold medallist Sally Gunnell at a ceremony in Birmingham.
She said: “It has been such a fantastic day and one I will never forget.
“Meeting the other finalists was a great pleasure,.
You may also want to watch:
“They are all so inspirational and I couldn’t believe I was standing beside them.
“It was a shock to even have been selected, so I’d like to thank everyone who voted.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter