Honiton invited to join new pilot by Mary Portas
Honiton invited to become ‘town team’ for a new pilot being rolled out by the celebrity business guru.
Honiton has been invited to join a new pilot being rolled out by celebrity retail guru Mary Portas.
Honiton Town Council revealed, at a meeting last week, that Honiton has received an invitation to become a ‘town team’ for the Portas Pilots.
Councillor Mike Allen said: “I think it is something the council should consider.”
Councillor Liz Tirard said she would also welcome the extra help for High Street.
You may also want to watch:
The council proposed to have a meeting with the chairman of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Colin Wright, to discuss the matter further.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents