Dog rushed to vets for treatment after blaze rips through Honiton kitchen

PUBLISHED: 16:16 29 January 2020 | UPDATED: 14:24 30 January 2020

NDG FIRE ENGINE LEAVING BAS

NDG FIRE ENGINE LEAVING BAS

Archant

A dog was rushed to the vets for treatment after a blaze ripped through the kitchen of a Honiton house.

Fire crews from the town, and Sidmouth, attended the incident, in Heather Close at 10.15am this morning (January 29).

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "A dog and elderly occupant, both suffering with smoke inhalation were given oxygen therapy by fire crews."

The fire involved a toaster.

A spokesman for Honiton Fire Station said: "One occupant was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

"The dog was rescued and given oxygen therapy by crews but it was decided that the dog needed immediate veterinary attention.

"Sidmouth transported the dog to the nearest vets. The kitchen fire was quickly extinguished but the property suffered extensive fire and smoke damage.

"We wish all involved a speedy recovery."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald