Honiton Lions generous gift
Honiton and District Lions Club raise �1,000 for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
Honiton and District Lions Club has presented a cheque for �1,000 to the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
The club’s president, Brian Richards, presented the cheque to community fund-raiser for the trust Maggie Little.
The trust is just one of the club’s chosen charities this year.
Lion Bob Francis said: “Honiton and District Lions Club raises money for many local and regional projects and charities. “This year, we elected Devon Air Ambulance Trust as a key charity for the our region and found that members of the public responded very generously.
“Naturally, club members feel one day they or a Honiton resident could be on the receiving end of the service and, in a small way, welcome any chance to contribute to that service.”
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route