Honiton Lions give generously
Host of charities receive cheques as Brian Richards starts his fourth term as president.
Honiton Lions Club and Lions’ Ladies presented cheques to a variety of charity organisations during a presentation evening held at the Turks Head Lodge.
Steve Guilbert and his son, Ben, recently completed a 100 mile cycle ride in aid of the Exeter based cancer charity FORCE.
They presented a cheque for �3,000 to David Cantle, who was representing the charity..
Honiton Lions’ Ladies presented �700 to Exeter Breast Cancer Care, �500 to Force and �500 to Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Richards (pictured with his wife, Linda) has recently taken over as the new president of Honiton Lions. The Honiton-born plumbing and heating engineer is now in his 30th year as a member of the club.
It is the fourth time he has been club president.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone