Honiton Lions give generously
Host of charities receive cheques as Brian Richards starts his fourth term as president.
Honiton Lions Club and Lions’ Ladies presented cheques to a variety of charity organisations during a presentation evening held at the Turks Head Lodge.
Steve Guilbert and his son, Ben, recently completed a 100 mile cycle ride in aid of the Exeter based cancer charity FORCE.
They presented a cheque for �3,000 to David Cantle, who was representing the charity..
Honiton Lions’ Ladies presented �700 to Exeter Breast Cancer Care, �500 to Force and �500 to Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Richards (pictured with his wife, Linda) has recently taken over as the new president of Honiton Lions. The Honiton-born plumbing and heating engineer is now in his 30th year as a member of the club.
It is the fourth time he has been club president.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 4 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers