Honiton Lions give generously
Host of charities receive cheques as Brian Richards starts his fourth term as president.
Honiton Lions Club and Lions’ Ladies presented cheques to a variety of charity organisations during a presentation evening held at the Turks Head Lodge.
Steve Guilbert and his son, Ben, recently completed a 100 mile cycle ride in aid of the Exeter based cancer charity FORCE.
They presented a cheque for �3,000 to David Cantle, who was representing the charity..
Honiton Lions’ Ladies presented �700 to Exeter Breast Cancer Care, �500 to Force and �500 to Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Richards (pictured with his wife, Linda) has recently taken over as the new president of Honiton Lions. The Honiton-born plumbing and heating engineer is now in his 30th year as a member of the club.
It is the fourth time he has been club president.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon