Honiton Lions give generously
Host of charities receive cheques as Brian Richards starts his fourth term as president.
Honiton Lions Club and Lions’ Ladies presented cheques to a variety of charity organisations during a presentation evening held at the Turks Head Lodge.
Steve Guilbert and his son, Ben, recently completed a 100 mile cycle ride in aid of the Exeter based cancer charity FORCE.
They presented a cheque for �3,000 to David Cantle, who was representing the charity..
Honiton Lions’ Ladies presented �700 to Exeter Breast Cancer Care, �500 to Force and �500 to Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Richards (pictured with his wife, Linda) has recently taken over as the new president of Honiton Lions. The Honiton-born plumbing and heating engineer is now in his 30th year as a member of the club.
It is the fourth time he has been club president.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer