Honiton Lions raise �2,000 at duck race
AROUND �2,000 was raised by the Honiton Lions Club duck race last week. Not only could customers buy ducks for the event at �1 a time, but they could also enjoy the entertainment provided by the Honiton Twirlstars and the band Espyex.
AROUND �2,000 was raised by the Honiton Lions Club duck race last week.
Not only could customers buy ducks for the event at �1 a time, but they could also enjoy the entertainment provided by the Honiton Twirlstars and the band Espyex.
Lion Brian Richards said around 200 people went along to the event, held at the Otter Inn, Weston, on Sunday, August 9.
He said: "We are very pleased with the result and we would like to thank the Twirlstars and Espyex for providing the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
"We had a nice, sunny afternoon for it and the money raised this year is not for anything specific but we want to help some of the local playgroups.
"Some of the money will also go to other Lions' charities."
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 5 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon
Mr Richards also gave the names of the winners, as recorded on their tickets.
The owner of the first duck across the line was Mrs Swift, C Farley owned the second and the winner of the third prize was Jill.