Honiton Lions raise �2,000 at duck race
AROUND �2,000 was raised by the Honiton Lions Club duck race last week. Not only could customers buy ducks for the event at �1 a time, but they could also enjoy the entertainment provided by the Honiton Twirlstars and the band Espyex.
AROUND �2,000 was raised by the Honiton Lions Club duck race last week.
Not only could customers buy ducks for the event at �1 a time, but they could also enjoy the entertainment provided by the Honiton Twirlstars and the band Espyex.
Lion Brian Richards said around 200 people went along to the event, held at the Otter Inn, Weston, on Sunday, August 9.
He said: "We are very pleased with the result and we would like to thank the Twirlstars and Espyex for providing the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
"We had a nice, sunny afternoon for it and the money raised this year is not for anything specific but we want to help some of the local playgroups.
"Some of the money will also go to other Lions' charities."
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer
Mr Richards also gave the names of the winners, as recorded on their tickets.
The owner of the first duck across the line was Mrs Swift, C Farley owned the second and the winner of the third prize was Jill.