Honiton man Brian is Octochamp of Countdown
BRIAN Selway has got a way with words and, all this week and for part of next, you can see him in action – on daytime television show Countdown.
BRIAN Selway has got a way with words and, all this week and for part of next, you can see him in action - on daytime television show Countdown.
Mr Selway, 36, of George Street, Honiton, is through to this series' quarter finals, being filmed next month.
He was nominated to appear on the show by his sister, Emma Smith, after being a great fan of the show for many years.
The kitchen assistant, who works for Abbeyfield Hill House, Combe Raleigh, said: "I auditioned in Bristol in July on a Wednesday and on the Friday I received an email to say I had got on the show.
You may also want to watch:
"I spent two days filming the shows earlier this month.
"After winning eight games, I became a Countdown Octochampion."
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 10 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
Currently seeded fourth, Mr Selway is now anxious to do well in the quarter final.
"I have to go back in November and we will see how I get on."
Although a dab hand at the word games, Mr Selway, who was educated at Honiton Community College, said he came unstuck a few times when it came to the questions involving numbers.
After winning eight games, he was presented with a champion's goody bag, which included a number of one-off and limited edition Countdown gifts.
Countdown, hosted by Jeff Stelling and Rachel Riley, is screened on Channel 4 from Monday to Friday at 3.25pm.