Honiton man victim of Bridgwater incident?
Man arrested and area cordoned off.
A MAN, airlifted to hospital following an ‘altercation’ in Bridgwater earlier today, could be from Honiton, it has been claimed.
The incident happened shortly before 11am and the injured man is believed to be in his 60s.
A man has been arrested in connection with the incident and the scene has been cordoned off.
A resident, who declined to be named, told reporters he was shocked to see so many police and paramedics on his doorstep.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I had just stepped out for a cigarette when I saw police cars and ambulances everywhere. There was a guy who was covered in blood being put into an ambulance. It was like all hell had broken loose.
“Police asked if I heard anything – gunshots – but I didn’t. There have been police, ambulances, forensics and CID here. I don’t know what’s going on.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
An area around the scene, which consists of 13 flats, has been cordoned off. A tarpaulin is covering several vehicles.
Dan Tottle, who lives nearby, said: “I heard a loud noise and saw ornaments shaking in my home. I then saw the helicopter fly in and a man was taken away on a stretcher.”
Residents said they believed the injured man could be from the Honiton area.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said: “Police were called to reports of an altercation in the Chilton Street area of Bridgwater this morning at about 10.50am.
“A man was taken by air ambulance to Taunton’s Musgrove Park Hospital.
“Another man was arrested in connection with the incident.
“The area has been cordoned off pending an examination by crime scene investigators.”