Honiton Maturettes to give carnival a miss
HONITON Maturettes have decided to postpone a return to their youth for a year – after discovering they needed more practice than first thought.
HONITON Maturettes have decided to postpone a return to their youth for a year - after discovering they needed more practice than first thought.
The adult majorette troupe, made up of former members of Honiton Young Britons and Honiton Majorette, was due to give a one-night-only performance at this year's Honiton Christmas Carnival, taking place on Saturday, December 5.
But, after revising their plans during a training session at Honiton Royal British Legion Club, Maturettes decided a month was not long enough to plan and order uniforms.
Some of the majorettes also felt they needed more baton twirling practise.
You may also want to watch:
The newly-formed Honiton Cycling Club is to take part in the carnival.
Members are planning to decorate their bikes with lights for the occasion.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track