Honiton Maturettes to give carnival a miss
HONITON Maturettes have decided to postpone a return to their youth for a year – after discovering they needed more practice than first thought.
HONITON Maturettes have decided to postpone a return to their youth for a year - after discovering they needed more practice than first thought.
The adult majorette troupe, made up of former members of Honiton Young Britons and Honiton Majorette, was due to give a one-night-only performance at this year's Honiton Christmas Carnival, taking place on Saturday, December 5.
But, after revising their plans during a training session at Honiton Royal British Legion Club, Maturettes decided a month was not long enough to plan and order uniforms.
Some of the majorettes also felt they needed more baton twirling practise.
You may also want to watch:
The newly-formed Honiton Cycling Club is to take part in the carnival.
Members are planning to decorate their bikes with lights for the occasion.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer