Honiton MP supports campaign for women’s rights
MP Neil Parish joins an international campaign to push for women’s rights in Afghanistan.
Tiverton and Honiton MP Neil Parish has given his backing to an international campaign to press for women’s rights in Afghanistan.
A campaign is being led by ActionAid UK, Amnesty International UK, CARE UK, GAPS, Womankind Worldwide and Women for Women International.
Mr Parish said: “This is an important campaign which I’m very pleased to support. There is still much that must be done to reverse the Taliban’s elimination of women from public life.
“If the human rights of women and girls in Afghanistan are not front and centre of peace negotiations, it will be an absolute tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be following up on this issue with the Foreign Secretary William Hague at the earliest opportunity.”
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Plea for help in the community as Devon deals with shortage of carers
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby