Honiton MP supports campaign for women’s rights
MP Neil Parish joins an international campaign to push for women’s rights in Afghanistan.
Tiverton and Honiton MP Neil Parish has given his backing to an international campaign to press for women’s rights in Afghanistan.
A campaign is being led by ActionAid UK, Amnesty International UK, CARE UK, GAPS, Womankind Worldwide and Women for Women International.
Mr Parish said: “This is an important campaign which I’m very pleased to support. There is still much that must be done to reverse the Taliban’s elimination of women from public life.
“If the human rights of women and girls in Afghanistan are not front and centre of peace negotiations, it will be an absolute tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be following up on this issue with the Foreign Secretary William Hague at the earliest opportunity.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op