Honiton mum wins experience of a lifetime
Julie Giles wins tickets to the Olympics after a routine shopping trip.
A Honiton mum has won the experience of a lifetime to watch the London 2012 Olympic Games after a routine shopping trip.
Julie Giles won the tickets for her and her family after automatically being entered into a prize draw when she bought a P&G product - who are sponsoring the games.
She said: “We’re so excited. As a parent I often feel like I need the stamina of an Olympic athlete, so I’m looking forward to taking the family to see the professionals at work.
“I manage my son’s under-8s rugby team and all three of my children love playing sports, so we were all really looking forward to watching the Olympic Games on TV.
You may also want to watch:
“To be able to see it with my own eyes is an opportunity of a lifetime though - I am thrilled I’ll get the chance to experience something so extraordinary.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby