Honiton mums fundraiser to help cancer sufferer
Mums from Honiton show their support for four-year-old Billie Bainbridge.
A GROUP of Honiton mums has launched a heartfelt appeal to save the life of a young cancer sufferer.
The group, including Sarah Davey, Carly Renaud, Sarah Dean from Honiton, and Antonia Harrington, from Ottery St Mary, have given up their time to organise a fund-raising event on November 22 in support of cancer sufferer Billie Bainbridge.
All proceeds from the event at The Playdome, which is located on the Heathpark Industrial Estate, will go to the Billie Butterfly Fund to help pay for treatment in America for the four-year-old, from Exeter, who was diagnosed with brain cancer earlier this year.
Sarah Davey, who has been helping to organise the fund-raiser, said: “There are times when you read or hear about something that really strikes a chord and the Bainbridge story really hit home.
You may also want to watch:
“As a mum with two small children, one the same age as Billie, I felt I needed to do something to help the family through what must be a really difficult time.”
The Playdome has donated its facilities free of charge for the event and staff have volunteered to work for free during the fund-raiser as well.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Sarah added: “We hope parents will support our event and bring their little ones along - it should be a really great afternoon.”
In addition to the soft play, children and parents can also enjoy a magic show from George Blake, of AG Signs, as well as face painting and a cake stall.
The mums will also be auctioning off a six ft meerkat to a lucky bidder and hope to attract 75 children along to the event.
For more information or to pre-book a place call Sarah Davey on 07515670452.