Honiton mums fundraiser to help cancer sufferer
Mums from Honiton show their support for four-year-old Billie Bainbridge.
A GROUP of Honiton mums has launched a heartfelt appeal to save the life of a young cancer sufferer.
The group, including Sarah Davey, Carly Renaud, Sarah Dean from Honiton, and Antonia Harrington, from Ottery St Mary, have given up their time to organise a fund-raising event on November 22 in support of cancer sufferer Billie Bainbridge.
All proceeds from the event at The Playdome, which is located on the Heathpark Industrial Estate, will go to the Billie Butterfly Fund to help pay for treatment in America for the four-year-old, from Exeter, who was diagnosed with brain cancer earlier this year.
Sarah Davey, who has been helping to organise the fund-raiser, said: “There are times when you read or hear about something that really strikes a chord and the Bainbridge story really hit home.
You may also want to watch:
“As a mum with two small children, one the same age as Billie, I felt I needed to do something to help the family through what must be a really difficult time.”
The Playdome has donated its facilities free of charge for the event and staff have volunteered to work for free during the fund-raiser as well.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
Sarah added: “We hope parents will support our event and bring their little ones along - it should be a really great afternoon.”
In addition to the soft play, children and parents can also enjoy a magic show from George Blake, of AG Signs, as well as face painting and a cake stall.
The mums will also be auctioning off a six ft meerkat to a lucky bidder and hope to attract 75 children along to the event.
For more information or to pre-book a place call Sarah Davey on 07515670452.