Honiton music man bids for stardom
Robert Edis through to the next round of Open Mic UK.
Now the 36-year-old from Honiton is through to the next round of a prestigious music competition.
He is in the last 16 of his group, over 25s, in the South West stage of Open Mic UK.
“I came across the contest on the internet,” Mr Edis told the Midweek Herald.
“I got to the finals of a radio competition last year, but I wasn’t very happy with my performance.
“I decided to get myself back in the saddle by entering Open Mic UK.”
Mr Edis, who plays guitar and sings, describes his style as progressive acoustic rock.
- 1 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 2 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 4 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 5 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 6 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 7 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 8 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 9 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 10 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
He gave an impromptu performance at Honiton Tourist Information Centre last Wednesday and won a round of applause.
He will perform in the contest’s regional final at Plymouth Guildhall on October 9.
The grand final of Open Mic UK will be staged at the O2 Arena in London next January and the top prize is a recording contract.
In total, �50,000 worth of prizes are up for grabs.
l You can listen to Robert perform by visiting www.robertedis.com