Honiton music man bids for stardom
Robert Edis through to the next round of Open Mic UK.
Now the 36-year-old from Honiton is through to the next round of a prestigious music competition.
He is in the last 16 of his group, over 25s, in the South West stage of Open Mic UK.
“I came across the contest on the internet,” Mr Edis told the Midweek Herald.
“I got to the finals of a radio competition last year, but I wasn’t very happy with my performance.
You may also want to watch:
“I decided to get myself back in the saddle by entering Open Mic UK.”
Mr Edis, who plays guitar and sings, describes his style as progressive acoustic rock.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
He gave an impromptu performance at Honiton Tourist Information Centre last Wednesday and won a round of applause.
He will perform in the contest’s regional final at Plymouth Guildhall on October 9.
The grand final of Open Mic UK will be staged at the O2 Arena in London next January and the top prize is a recording contract.
In total, �50,000 worth of prizes are up for grabs.
l You can listen to Robert perform by visiting www.robertedis.com