Honiton music man bids for stardom
Robert Edis through to the next round of Open Mic UK.
Now the 36-year-old from Honiton is through to the next round of a prestigious music competition.
He is in the last 16 of his group, over 25s, in the South West stage of Open Mic UK.
“I came across the contest on the internet,” Mr Edis told the Midweek Herald.
“I got to the finals of a radio competition last year, but I wasn’t very happy with my performance.
You may also want to watch:
“I decided to get myself back in the saddle by entering Open Mic UK.”
Mr Edis, who plays guitar and sings, describes his style as progressive acoustic rock.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
He gave an impromptu performance at Honiton Tourist Information Centre last Wednesday and won a round of applause.
He will perform in the contest’s regional final at Plymouth Guildhall on October 9.
The grand final of Open Mic UK will be staged at the O2 Arena in London next January and the top prize is a recording contract.
In total, �50,000 worth of prizes are up for grabs.
l You can listen to Robert perform by visiting www.robertedis.com