Honiton: News from the churches
Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church has a very special 10th anniversary service and fellowship lunch on Sunday September 6 at 10.30am.
Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church has a very special 10th anniversary service and fellowship lunch on Sunday September 6 at 10.30am. Minister Peter Robinson has been at the church for a decade. Guest preacher will be Cyril Aston, who was Peter's predecessor. Anyone who knows Peter and would like to join us would be very welcome.
Lots of things are happening at St Paul's Church, Honiton: A speaker from the Bible Society will be there at 9.30am on Sunday 6 with the informal After Eight service the same day at 8pm. Saturday 12th sees the Devon Churches Open Day, a coffee morning (10-12) in aid of the Children's Society and, in the evening, a Valuation Session held by Chilcotts (�5 includes drinks and nibbles). Sunday 13th at 11.15am is the next informal Sunday Celebration, as ever we will be welcoming all ages to this informal and friendly service; and we especially look forward to seeing those who enjoyed the Holiday Club.
Choral Evensong for all the churches in Honiton Team Mission will be at St Paul's on Sunday, September 20, at 6.30pm.
At the Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Family on the 13th at 6.30pm there will be an Ecumenical service .
You may also want to watch:
Lots of events to support in Gittisham: September 5 - autumn fayre in Mackarness Hall, 9.30am to 12.30pm, tables available from Ernie Wensley (01404) 45774 �6 in aid of church funds.
Looking ahead to October, on Saturday 3rd there is Big Night In at the village hall with Joe Stilgoe details from Bill Griffiths (01404) 85005, and Sunday 4th October is the harvest festival - family Communion service with refreshments at 11am and evening hog roast (details from Carol McCann 01404 851113).
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton