Honiton: No lights for switch-on event
THERE was a last minute change of plan at Honiton s annual switching on ceremony, organised by the chamber of commerce and industry.
THERE was a last minute change of plan at Honiton's annual switching on ceremony, organised by the chamber of commerce and industry.
It was not possible to put lights on the town's Christmas tree outside St Paul's Church in time for the Friday evening carol service and planned switching on event.
Instead, the 100 people present counted down to the moment they could start eating mince pies.
The lights were put on the tree the following day.
You may also want to watch:
A chamber of commerce spokesperson said the event went ahead to avoid disappointing primary school pupils who attended.
The Mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash, handed out sweets.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon