Honiton nurse to stand tall at Cenotaph
A FORMER member of the Queen Alexandra s Royal Naval Nursing Service, who was once considered too short to take part in an official remembrance parade, is to lay a wreath during this year s poignant Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph.
A FORMER member of the Queen Alexandra's Royal Naval Nursing Service, who was once considered too short to take part in an official remembrance parade, is to lay a wreath during this year's poignant Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph.
Lorraine Scaife, 50, of Honiton, will represent the Queen Alexandra's Royal Naval Nursing Service Association at the London event.
"Whilst serving in the QARNNS, I always wanted to take part in the Albert Hall service and the Cenotaph parade, but was never allowed to because I was too short," she told the Herald.
"Last year, I was fortunate enough to be able to take part in the Cenotaph parade as part of the QARNNS Association contingent, which is for current and ex-Naval nurses.
You may also want to watch:
"This year I have been asked to carry the wreath at the Cenotaph, something that I feel incredibly honoured to be able to do. It goes to show that, if you never give up on your dreams, eventually you do get your wish!"
Lorraine works as a nurse for the Diabetes Research Network at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and also in the renal unit at Honiton Community Hospital.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 3 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 4 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
Her husband, Mick, 51, a Major in the Combined Cadet Force, is the organiser of a parade and wreath laying service at Clifton College, Bristol, also taking place on Sunday.