Honiton: Official launch of new uniform
Blazers and ties set to raise aspirations and perceptions for students at Honiton Community College.
STUDENTS at Honiton Community College have returned from the summer break wearing smart, new uniforms.
Blazers, ties and a modern school crest aim to set the students apart from primary school pupils and raise aspirations and perceptions.
The change was one of the first to be considered by college principal Glenn Smith when he took over from Norman Tyson.
It is a change that was requested by many in the community and has today (Thursday) been celebrated with an official launch.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrations took place in the college dining room, with students and staff mixing with invited guests, including Councillor Peter Fleming, the Mayor of Honiton, and Mrs Joanna Bull, a former three times Mayor of Honiton.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 3 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 4 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 5 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 8 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back