Honiton: Official launch of new uniform
Blazers and ties set to raise aspirations and perceptions for students at Honiton Community College.
STUDENTS at Honiton Community College have returned from the summer break wearing smart, new uniforms.
Blazers, ties and a modern school crest aim to set the students apart from primary school pupils and raise aspirations and perceptions.
The change was one of the first to be considered by college principal Glenn Smith when he took over from Norman Tyson.
It is a change that was requested by many in the community and has today (Thursday) been celebrated with an official launch.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrations took place in the college dining room, with students and staff mixing with invited guests, including Councillor Peter Fleming, the Mayor of Honiton, and Mrs Joanna Bull, a former three times Mayor of Honiton.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon