Honiton: Official launch of new uniform
Blazers and ties set to raise aspirations and perceptions for students at Honiton Community College.
STUDENTS at Honiton Community College have returned from the summer break wearing smart, new uniforms.
Blazers, ties and a modern school crest aim to set the students apart from primary school pupils and raise aspirations and perceptions.
The change was one of the first to be considered by college principal Glenn Smith when he took over from Norman Tyson.
It is a change that was requested by many in the community and has today (Thursday) been celebrated with an official launch.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrations took place in the college dining room, with students and staff mixing with invited guests, including Councillor Peter Fleming, the Mayor of Honiton, and Mrs Joanna Bull, a former three times Mayor of Honiton.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 10 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire