Honiton pensioner’s wish comes true
EDDC removes sign dedicating long stay car park to community centre development.
CAMPAIGNING Honiton pensioner Lilian Lane has got something to celebrate - East Devon District Council has removed a sign which dedicated the long stay car park behind Lace Walk for a community centre.
The council first considered withdrawing its offer of the site last year, but only ratified its decision two weeks ago.
The sign was removed at the beginning of last week.
Mrs Lane, who lives in neighbouring Dunning Court, campaigned against the centre’s development next to the retirement homes.
You may also want to watch:
She had told the Midweek Herald: “I won’t be happy until that sign is gone.”
The district authority has now offered another car park, next to Honiton Magistrates’ Court, to Honiton Town Council for the development of the proposed centre.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters