Honiton pensioner’s wish comes true
EDDC removes sign dedicating long stay car park to community centre development.
CAMPAIGNING Honiton pensioner Lilian Lane has got something to celebrate - East Devon District Council has removed a sign which dedicated the long stay car park behind Lace Walk for a community centre.
The council first considered withdrawing its offer of the site last year, but only ratified its decision two weeks ago.
The sign was removed at the beginning of last week.
Mrs Lane, who lives in neighbouring Dunning Court, campaigned against the centre’s development next to the retirement homes.
You may also want to watch:
She had told the Midweek Herald: “I won’t be happy until that sign is gone.”
The district authority has now offered another car park, next to Honiton Magistrates’ Court, to Honiton Town Council for the development of the proposed centre.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents