Honiton Players back community centre plan
Chairman calls for public to fund-raise.
Honiton Players support the Mayor and Honiton Town Council fully in their commitment to build a community centre in Honiton.
There is no entertainment in Honiton, because there is neither a theatre nor a cinema.
With a proper theatre, this company could present two full length plays a year, invite companies to visit and have a competition for one act plays for two or more players. Without a theatre, we have no home.
The theatre could be used as a cinema to give local people, especially older ones, a chance to go out of doors to see films with their friends at a time to suit themselves. Add a cafe and the entertainment centre is complete.
You may also want to watch:
If people volunteer and other people support their money-raising efforts, the town council can reduce the amount of council tax needed.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public