Honiton: Police quizzed over unrecorded crime
POLICE in Honiton are to investigate a claim that a man who tried to report an incident of criminal damage was turned away from the town s police station.
POLICE in Honiton are to investigate a claim that a man who tried to report an incident of criminal damage was turned away from the town's police station.
Councillor Ron Farnham told Honiton Town Council last week that he was concerned the man was told there was nothing police could do.
It was alleged the man's car was damaged while left in Lace Walk car park.
Councillor Farnham questioned whether the police response could distort crime figures for Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
"I am concerned that the crime figures are not accurate," he said.
Pc Ian Atyeo assured councillors that the man's complaint should have been dealt with and that he would get in touch with the complainant.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 7 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost