Honiton: Police quizzed over unrecorded crime
POLICE in Honiton are to investigate a claim that a man who tried to report an incident of criminal damage was turned away from the town s police station.
POLICE in Honiton are to investigate a claim that a man who tried to report an incident of criminal damage was turned away from the town's police station.
Councillor Ron Farnham told Honiton Town Council last week that he was concerned the man was told there was nothing police could do.
It was alleged the man's car was damaged while left in Lace Walk car park.
Councillor Farnham questioned whether the police response could distort crime figures for Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
"I am concerned that the crime figures are not accurate," he said.
Pc Ian Atyeo assured councillors that the man's complaint should have been dealt with and that he would get in touch with the complainant.
- 1 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 4 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Helping others through your own experience can be a valued skill
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Vintage cars grace Wiscombe Park
- 10 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move